Our team includes some of the best nutritionists, PhDs, dietitians, and specialists in the industry.
For example, Dr. John Berardi, Precision Nutrition’s co-founder and co-author of the Level 1 and Level 2 programs, has had vast exposure to almost every aspect of health, fitness, and nutrition. He’s been:
- A student of nutrition, completing his Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology and Nutrient Biochemistry at the University of Western Ontario.
- A teacher of nutrition at multiple universities, including the University of Texas, Eastern Michigan University, and the University of Western Ontario.
- A competitive physique athlete, winning Mr. Jr. USA in 1995.
- A personal trainer, running a successful training business in Miami.
- A researcher who has published studies in peer-reviewed academic journals.
- An author of over half a dozen nutrition books and hundreds of articles in magazines like Men’s Health, Women’s Health, and many more.
- A consultant to companies like Nike, Equinox and Titleist.
- A nutrition coach to thousands of everyday people and quite a few pro athletes and Olympic gold medalists.
So apart from being qualified academically, he has a pretty unique perspective—one that’s very well-suited to teaching this material, especially to professionals.
Dr. Berardi has seen the field of nutrition from more angles, both personally and professionally, than almost anyone else teaching nutrition today.
In addition, he’s written chapters for other nutrition textbooks, he’s created Masters-level university courses on sport nutrition, and he’s created nutrition certification material for other certifying bodies.
So he has extensive experience creating academic course material.
And he’s just one person. Our Precision Nutrition Level 2 Certification program was created by a team of experts, including:
- Dr. Krista Scott-Dixon, a specialist in adult education / curriculum design and creator of our Precision Nutrition Coaching program.
- Brian St. Pierre, RD, MSc, a specialist in performance nutrition and consultant to pro athletes.
Most of all, we’re qualified to teach this because we’ve used and tested this very system extensively with our own clients and coaches here at Precision Nutrition.
Remember: Precision Nutrition isn’t just a certification company.
Over the past 15 years, through our Precision Nutrition Coaching system, we’ve been quietly conducting the largest body transformation research project in the world.
We’ve had over 100,000 clients go through our nutrition coaching curriculum, doing what is essentially a total exercise, nutrition and lifestyle intervention.
The purpose of this coaching is simple: to help people lose fat, gain lean mass where needed, and completely transform their bodies, health, and lives.
Now, here’s the thing: Since the entire program is online, we’re able to collect data on everything. And we mean everything.
Because we don’t see clients in person, we can’t “eyeball” things. We need data. So we have detailed psychometric (personality) profiles on our clients. We track compliance and every measurable and relevant behavior. And, of course, we regularly collect photos and monitor body composition and performance outcomes.
And as a result of this rigorous data collection, it’s safe to say that we know, better than almost anyone else in the world, what makes great coaches, and what helps clients change their bodies and lives.
Now, remember, we’re not talking about what we think is correlated to success. We’re talking about what we absolutely know is correlated with success. Success here means our clients know and understand what to do. And they do it. Consistently. They improve their body composition, health, performance, and quality of life.
Success here also means our coaches perform at a high level. It means they’re continually training themselves, developing professionally, and refining their coaching skills.