MAC House of Petunia Mineralize Skinfinish ($34.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a light-medium gold with strong, warm, almost peachy undertones with a smooth, metallic sheen and faint copper micro-sparkle that was more randomly strewn through. It had good color coverage in a single layer, which was buildable to full coverage with two to three layers.
The texture was smooth to the touch, soft and yielding without being too powdery. The highlighter applied well to bare skin and blended out readily without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Sydney Grace Radiant Glow (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Chantecaille Eclat Brilliant (LE, $92.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tarte Golden Champagne (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Glow Gold (Left) (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Disco Nights (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Illamasqua Rush (P, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Sparkling Sass (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Becca Opal (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Crique (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Strobe Globe (P, $7.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$34.00/0.35 oz. – $97.14 Per Ounce
The description has changed over the years–the most current description (as of 4/21/2018) is that it is a “slow-baked, velvety soft, domed face powder with a radiant finish” that can be used to highlight “the high points of the face” or blended “all over for a sheer luminous polish to the skin.” The sheerness seems to be more in referenced to the finish than the coverage, as the usage now states to use the product damp for an even stronger sheen.
In general, the Mineralize Skinfinish formula tends to be more metallic to glittery with medium to opaque coverage–it really depends on the shade. The texture of the formula has been refined over the years with current editions being fairly smooth, blendable, and easy to use. The wear has varied from six to eight hours on me with newer shades and variations lasting closer to eight hours on average.
Browse all of our MAC Mineralize Skinfinish swatches.
Mica, Talc, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Yeast ExtractFaexExtrait De Levure, Lauroyl Lysine, Isohexadecane, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Glyceryl Ethylhexanoate/Stearate/Adipate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Silica, Sorbitan Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Carmine (Ci 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Copper Powder (Ci 77400), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)]