JD Glow Gabrielle Pressed Powder Illuminator ($16.50 for 0.28 oz.) is a rich, medium copper with strong, warm undertones and a golden sheen. It was intensely pigmented with a smooth, lightly creamy consistency that was powder-like but with some slip to it.
The texture was lightweight, thin without being dry or powdery, and had good adhesion to bare skin while blending out nicely along the edges. It didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture, which is always nice. The color lasted well for nine hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Anastasia Hot Sand (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Natasha Denona Bronze (PiP, $38.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Chasing the Sun (LE, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Picture Perfect (P, $9.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Paradise (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Milani Glowing (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 12 Copper (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- UOMA Beauty Barbados (LE, $35.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Awesome Blossom (P, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Solar Crush (LE, $47.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$16.50/0.28 oz. – $58.93 Per Ounce
The highlighter formula runs nearly opaque to opaque with moderate to intense luminosity. A couple of the more metallic shades can emphasize skin texture when worn at higher coverage levels, but for the most part, the glow was intense, shiny, and reflective without emphasizing my natural texture.
The consistency felt smooth, lightweight, and thin without being powdery or too firmly-pressed into the pan, so it wasn’t messy to use while picking up readily with a typical highlighter brush. There was a creaminess and some slip to it that made it feel almost like a cream-powder but was definitely a powder product. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin, blended out with ease, and lasted between eight and nine hours before fading on me.
Browse all of our JD Glow Pressed Powder Illuminator swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol. May Also Contain: Oxide Pigments, Ultramarines, Chromium Green, Lake Dyes, Copper Powder, Bronze Powder, Aluminum Powder, Tin Oxide, Borosilicate, Fragrance
Where to Buy
When you purchase through our links above, you help support Temptalia. Thank You!