Colour Pop Crossroads Pressed Powder Blush ($10.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark coral with strong, warm undertones and flecks of gold micro-sparkle over a more semi-matte finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, so it wasn’t quite as buildable as the formula was described, though one could certainly use a lighter hand with it for more buildable application.
The texture was finely-milled, soft, and lightly powdery without becoming messy in the pan. The product applied evenly to bare skin and diffused well along the edges, though the flecks of micro-sparkle didn’t disperse evenly and seemed randomly scattered. It wore well for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Chanel Voyage de Chanel (LE, $70.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Spark Got Hot (LE, $30.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Vu (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- YSL Corail Rive Gauche (P, $42.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tarte Seek (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Cover FX Soft Peach (Right) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B306 (P, $23.00) is lighter, brighter, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Sippin’ on Stars (LE, $27.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Sugar Spirit (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Hourglass Infinite Flush (LE, $40.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$10.00/0.13 oz. – $76.92 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on “smoothly” and have a “natural and healthy flush” that has “long wear” and “can be layered to your desired intensity.” It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one’s skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Magnesium Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Distarch Phosphate, Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao (cocoa) Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Quercetin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).