Charlotte Tilbury Medium (2) Airbrush Bronzer ($55.00 for 0.56 oz.) is a very light brown with moderate, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-opaque, buildable color coverage. It was extremely matte… like looked almost powdery/dry matte when applied to my skin, which was more “normal” than dry or oily when I tried and tested this product. It seemed to accentuate my skin texture, especially when I smiled–it made my skin look papery. I don’t know if that’s a descriptor you want to use with a beauty product…
It has a drier, more noticeable finish compared to the pressed finishing powder it’s an off-shoot of, which may be due to the fact that the bronzer offers more pigmentation than the pressed finishing powder. For someone who may have more natural oils or may get oilier during the day, it might possibly work as a mattifying bronzer, as it did fade fairly evenly on me and looked less-matte after several hours of wear. The thing is… the formula is heavily marketed to make skin appear “softer and smoother in seconds” for a “soft-focused effect” while also having “increased payoff.”
To the touch, the powder seemed finely-milled enough, but there were very small bits of product that didn’t seem to be well-mixed into the product. It wasn’t as noticeable with this particular shade as it was closer to my skin tone (it was more apparent with the two darker shades in the line), but it was still apparent when I looked closely at the powder as I applied it. The color stayed on well for eight hours before fading visibly.
There are four shades in the line with this shade being second in the line-up, and it is definitely one of the lighter bronzers I’ve tried. The next shade in the line is a few shades deeper — this is really more like “Light” based on a lot of other bronzers that have been released. (The lightest shade is extremely light, more like medium beige.)
- NARS Vallarta (P, $38.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Physicians Formula Light Bronze (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Hourglass Eternal Bronze Light (LE, $52.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Sephora Los Cabos (P, $17.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Saffron Sun (LE, $65.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Queen’s Land (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- ILIA Drawn In (P, $34.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Beige-ing Beauty (LE, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Opening Act (LE, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Baby Girl (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
TALC, MICA, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, SILICA, ZINC STEARATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, LAUROYL LYSINE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, DIMETHICONOL, HYALURONIC ACID, HYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, [+/- IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].
Where to Buy
Current Sales & Deals
- Beautylish — Free shipping on $35+ orders, ends 12/31.
- Nordstrom — New markdowns (shop sale here), ends 6/30. Current gifts with purchases viewable here, ends 12/31.
- Selfridges — Choose 1 trial size with any $25 purchase, 3 trial sizes with any $50 purchase and 5 trial sizes with any $75 merchandise purchase. Use code MORECLEAN. Online only, exclusions apply, ends 6/06.
- Sephora — Receive a free Sol de Janeiro Bundle with any $25 merchandise purchase. Use code BODYLOVE. Online only, exclusions apply, ends 6/05.
When you purchase through our links above, you help support Temptalia. Thank You!