Rouge Profond (320)
Chanel Rouge Profond (320) Joues Contraste Blush ($45.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a bright, medium-dark red with subtle, warm undertones and a satin finish. It had nearly opaque color coverage in a single layer, so it was more pigmented than marketed (“buildable”), which was its only flaw. The blush had a finely-milled, silky consistency that was soft, blendable, and remarkably easy to use for a deeper, richer shade like this. There were faint signs of fading present after nine and a half hours of wear.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Zoeva Underneath the Gold (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Milani Bronze Burst #3 (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Nightingale (P, $32.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- NYX Crimson (P, $6.50) is brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Poppy Passion (P, $34.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Clinique Cola Pop (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Covet (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Oh My! (LE, $24.00) is brighter, less pigmented (85% similar).
- MAC Red Envy (LE, $24.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Fetish (-, ) is lighter (85% similar).
$45.00/0.17 oz. – $264.71 Per Ounce
The Joues Contraste formula is supposed to have “buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic” with a “flattering radiance” and “silky texture.” The pigmentation ranges from semi-sheer to fully opaque, depending on technique and skin tone, but it seemed exactly as described–buildable–without having to pile it on or spend too long sheering it out. The formula has an extremely smooth, silky consistency that blends out beautifully on the skin. Most shades wear around eight hours on me.
The formula is rose-scented but the scent was largely undetectable applied (but noticeable in the compact).
Browse all of our Chanel Joues Contraste Blush swatches.
TALC | POLYETHYLENE | MAGNESIUM STEARATE | PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) | PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) | LANOLIN ALCOHOL | MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE | SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE | CHLORPHENESIN | SERICA (SILK POWDER ) | SILICA | PEG-8 | TOCOPHEROL | ASCORBYL PALMITATE | BHT | ASCORBIC ACID | CITRIC ACID | [+ / – (MAY CONTAIN) | CI 12085 (RED 36) | CI 15850 (RED 6) | CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE) | CI 15880 (RED 34) | CI 15985 (YELLOW 6 LAKE) | CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) | CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) | CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) | CI 45380 (RED 22 LAKE) | CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) | CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) | CI 75470 (CARMINE) | CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) | CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) | CI 77491, | CI 77492, | CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) | CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) | CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) | CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) | MICA] | IL76A-I
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!