Chanel Alezane (260) Joues Contraste Blush ($45.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a soft, medium-dark coral with moderate, warm undertones and fine, golden micro-sparkle over a satin finish. It had buildable coverage from high-medium to mostly opaque (two to three layers) with a soft, silky consistency that was finely-milled and easy to work with as the powder went on evenly and diffused well along the edges. It wore well for nine hours before fading slightly along the edges.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Stylish Me (LE, $24.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NYX Bronzed (P, $6.50) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Black Opal Rose Gold (P, $8.95) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Patrick Ta She’s So LA (Powder) (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Intense (P, $40.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Ciate Date Night (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- bareMinerals The Close Call (PiP, $22.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Accent (84) (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Peachtwist (P, $24.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Chanel Canaille (89) (LE, $45.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
$45.00/0.17 oz. – $264.71 Per Ounce
The Joues Contraste formula is supposed to have “buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic” with a “flattering radiance” and “silky texture.” The pigmentation ranges from semi-sheer to fully opaque, depending on technique and skin tone, but it seemed exactly as described–buildable–without having to pile it on or spend too long sheering it out. The formula has an extremely smooth, silky consistency that blends out beautifully on the skin. Most shades wear around eight hours on me.
The formula is rose-scented but the scent was largely undetectable applied (but noticeable in the compact).
Browse all of our Chanel Joues Contraste Blush swatches.
POLYETHYLENE | TALC | MAGNESIUM STEARATE | PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) | LANOLIN ALCOHOL | PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) | SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE | CHLORPHENESIN | SERICA (SILK POWDER ) | TIN OXIDE | PEG-8 | TOCOPHEROL | ASCORBYL PALMITATE | BHT | ASCORBIC ACID | CITRIC ACID | [+ / – (MAY CONTAIN) | CI 12085 (RED 36) | CI 15850 (RED 6) | CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE) | CI 15880 (RED 34) | CI 15985 (YELLOW 6 LAKE) | CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) | CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) | CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) | CI 45380 (RED 22 LAKE) | CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) | CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) | CI 75470 (CARMINE) | CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) | CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) | CI 77491, | CI 77492, | CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) | CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) | CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) | CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) | MICA] | IL02A-II
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!