Dark circles that develop around the eye area is a common issue nowadays, with increased stress, disturbed sleep pattern, and prolonged use of phone and other gadgets. The area under the eyes is the most sensitive and needs maximum care against external factors. A lot of factors can cause under-eye darkness, particularly sleep deprivation, extended screen time, hormonal changes, disturbed lifestyle, stress, lack of vitamins and nutrients can all cause under-eye dark circles. Eye area needs to be well hydrated and moisturized at all times to delay premature ageing and dark circles. In this post, we will share 6 homemade eye packs to brighten dark under-eye circles.
1. Homemade Brightening Eye Mask with Red Lentils and Almonds: This eye pack has ingredients that are rich in vitamin E, antioxidants, and skin brightening agents – tomato, almonds, red lentils (masoor dal), and green tea. Here’s a step-by-step pictorial on how to make this eye pack.
2. Potato and Cucumber Soothing Eye Mask: Nothing can be more soothing than this refreshing cucumber and potato eye mask this summer and it helps to lighten dark circles too. Here’s a pictorial on how to make this pack.
3. Coffee and Vitamin E Eye Mask: Caffeine is one of the best ingredients to lighten and brighten up under eye area. Here’s how you make this amazing eye mask.
4. Coriander and Milk Eye Mask: Coriander is an understated yet potent ingredient which can also help with your sleep pattern. Apply this mask at night, here’s how you make it.
5. Banana and Cucumber Eye Mask: This eye mask is rich in vitamin C and also vitamin E, great for your facial and under-eye skin too. Here’s how you make it.
6. Caffeine Eye Serum: As we have mentioned earlier, coffee or caffeine is one of the best ingredients to brighten the under-eye area and that’s the reason why it’s used in a lot of expensive eye serums and creams. Make your own eye serum this way with easily-available ingredients.