Castor oil is extremely popular as a wonder oil with numerous health and beauty benefits, it’s probably used extensively as an eyelash growth booster (Homemade Eyelash Growth Serum). Castor Oil is a vegetable oil obtained from seeds of Ricinus communis plant. The oil is thick and viscous in consistency and may feel a bit heavy initially on application, but it gets absorbed very quickly. It is a nutrient-rich liquid and is a tried-and-tested solution for many skin and hair related problems. Castor oil has high concentration of unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins, proteins and minerals, and that makes it is a great oil for skin, hair, and even nails.
Beauty Benefits of Castor Oil:
1. This oil is rich in ricinoleic acid which is an unsaturated omega-9 fatty acid. Castor oil contains almost 90% of ricinoleic acid. This acid is known to penetrate deeply into the scalp and skin, boosting faster hair growth. Ricinoleic acid has anti-microbial and acne-fighting properties, which inhibit the growth of bacteria. If you have acne-prone skin, use a blend of castor oil and olive oil in circular motion on the skin and rinse off in the morning. Castor oil also fights dandruff.
2. It can give you beautiful skin. You can use it as a moisturizer by mixing with sweet almond oil. Castor oil is a great humectant and locks in moisture into the skin, giving you smooth and soft skin
3. It has loads of hydrating and moisturizing properties, and thus can reduce breakage by strengthening the hair. Castor oil increases blood circulation and increases blood flow to the hair follicles and therefore it is highly beneficial in treating alopecia.
4. Castor oil helps replenish the scalp’s natural oils and undo the damages caused by harsh chemical hair products which sometimes hinder the hair growth.
5. Castor oil has various antioxidants in it which makes it ideal for achieving stronger, smoother and less frizzy hair with few uses. Antioxidants also help to increase the keratin level in the scalp and hair follicles.
10 Ways to Use Castor Oil to Control Hair Fall:
With its abundant nutrient value, omega-3 fatty acid, vitamin E, and antioxidant content, castor oil is ideal for treating hair woes naturally – dandruff, thinning of hair, bald patches, and hair fall. Actually, castor oil has been used since ancient times to stop hair fall. Castor oil is a very thick and viscous liquid, but when mixed with less viscous oils oils such as coconut, almond, or jojoba oil, it provides amazing nourishing properties to the hair. Once castor oil is proportionately mixed with suitable amounts of such oils, it can be directly applied on to the scalp and hair. Here are 10 ways to use castor oil to control hair fall:
1. Take 1 tbsp of castor oil, 1 tbsp of olive oil and add 2 capsules of evening primrose oil and massage this solution on your scalp twice a week.
2. A mix of 1 tbsp castor oil, 1 tbsp coconut oil, and two capsules of vitamin E capsules can stop hair fall pretty soon.
3. Blend together 2 tbsp of olive oil, 8 drops of peppermint oil + 1 tbsp of castor oil and apply all over the scalp and strands. Wash off after one hour.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of onion juice with 2 tablespoons of castor oil, you can also squeeze in 2 vitamin E capsules. Apply on the scalp with with a cotton round ball, rinse off after one hour.
5. Mix 1 tbsp of almond oil with 1 tbsp of castor oil. Apply on the scalp, increase the quantity of the oils if you want to oil entire hair length. Also, it would be beneficial to warm up the oils and use as a hot oil treatment.
6. Mix 1 tbsp of castor oil + 1 tbsp rosemary oil + 1 tbsp almond oil plus two vitamin E capsules. Blend well and apply all over the scalp.
7. Mix 3:1 ratio of castor oil to jojoba oil or avocado oil. Apply all over the hair and scalp.
8. Mix 1 to 2 tbs of freshly-squeezed ginger juice in 2 tbsp of castor oil and apply all over the scalp with a cotton round. Rinse off after one hour.
9. Castor oil with coconut oil. Mix equal quantities of these oils and apply on the hair. Coconut is rich in lauric acid which cures the scalp issues and promotes the growth of healthy hair. So, it is a great oil to pair with castor oil. You can warm these two oils a little and apply on your hair and scalp, and then wash and condition as usual.
10. Mix 1 tbsp of castor oil, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, a little honey, and two tsp of vitamin E capsules. Mix well and massage this mixture into your scalp gently. You can also steam your hair for better penetration. Wash your hair after 1 hour with a mild shampoo.